SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION (SEO)
First of all, when working with SEO, I highly recommend you to organise your internal SEO. And do not recommend external SEO if the internal one has many mistakes.
Occasionally, people optimise a site for predefined keywords, but it turns out that those words are ineffective because very few users search for them per month. We suggest to analyse the market and find the right keywords to meet your business needs.
Ask your SEO consultants to provide the website addresses where your links are located. Pay attention to the quality of these sites. Due to inappropriate websites, you can get penalties and get blacklisted.
And yet, anyone can’t guarantee specific search engine positions, this can only be guaranteed by Google. And if somebody guarantees that, I suggest you think carefully before ordering services, as you may end up on the blacklist.
There are a few important things to note about SEO on your website
- Site loading speed. You can measure speed here
- Titles on each part of your site must be unique, made up of keywords.
- Meta descriptions – this is summarised page’s content in Search engines. It is important to use the right keywords, the text should be coherent, not a clutter of keywords.
- Sitemap. This is a file where you provide information about the pages, videos, and other files on your site, and the relationships between them. It tells the search engines about the content that you have on your site so it can improve the crawling of your site. Sometimes programmers forget to generate and install a sitemap.
- Hashtags must be the most relevant keywords for a specific page.
- URL addresses must be neat, without numbers, question marks, or other similar characters. Ideally, it would look something like this: sitename.com/category/service/
- Unique content. Google values unique content. Do not use content copied from other websites. Time spent on your site also affects search engines.
- Image optimization. Non-optimised images slow down the site’s loading speed. Remember that photos must have keywords as well.
- Website customisation for different devices and screen resolutions are quite an important part, for this reason alone, you can be ranked below in search.
- Advertising on the site. Google likes friendly and instantly visible content on the site. If your site displays advertising, photos, etc instead of content, this again may be the reason behind the lower positions.
- Social networks It is useful to have as many followers as possible on social networks (Facebook, Google +, Twitter, etc.).
- User friendly usability. It should be easy for the user to become familiar with and competent in using the user interface during the first contact with the website. It should be easy for users to achieve their objective through using the website. It should also be easy to recall the user interface and how to use it on subsequent visits.
OFF-SITE SEO – external links
- Create accounts on the most popular social networks and present your products or services (eg Facebook, Linkedin, etc.);
- Join groups or communities interested in your services or products;
- Introduce your services to all of the country’s most popular ad portals;
- It is always good to have a commercial slide or video for presenting your product on social networks;
- Show your work examples;
- Explain how you work, it would be good to show how the quality is obtained;
- Write or order a press release;
- Provide quality service and take care of your customer;
- External links to your site (Off Site SEO);
These are just a few basic criteria. Search engine optimisation is a long-term process, which involves working on the inside of the site and depending on the need on the outside.